Ten days ago on June 17th, Deliciously Directionless turned four years old! While I was living it up in Sydney (more about that coming up on the blog soon), I hadn’t forgotten about the annual blogiversary giveaway. So here goes…Update: This giveaway has ended. Congratulations, Pooja Vir on winning a copy of Crumbs!
Does the thought of baking bread strike fear in your heart? I know it did for me, even though I managed quite well with baking cakes, cookies, and other baked goodies. I baked my first bread three years ago – it was a focaccia and it turned out beautifully. Of course, I had help – I meticulously followed the recipe on My Jhola – a super blog by food blogger & bread-maker extraordinaire Saee Koranne-Khandekar. Read about my bread adventures (and more recipes) here
Saee has of course gone on to greater heights, and has recently released a gem of a book – Crumbs! Bread Stories and Recipes for the Indian Kitchen.
Crumbs! is more than a recipe book. It’s really a primer on baking bread especially adapted to Indian conditions – our climate, our kitchens and the way we cook. This is really what sets Saee’s books apart from the countless bread-baking books & blogs out there. Not to mention the lucid writing and easy-to-follow instructions.
There’s a bit of history and the science of bread-making, but Crumbs! is mostly about how to work with yeast, different types of flours, a proofing guide for Indian climate and so on. And of course the recipes. From basic loaves to sourdough, from pizzas and croissants to desi naans, ladi pao, and sheermal – you can almost smell the aroma of freshly baked bread in those pages. So if you want to tame the yeast beast, I suggest you get your hands on Crumbs! pronto.
But first, try your luck at my blogiversary giveaway; I’m sure you’ve already guessed what’s up for grabs. Saee has generously offered a copy of Crumbs! to one lucky winner of this giveaway!
How to participate:
- All you have to do is like Deliciously Directionless on Facebook.
- Then leave a comment on this blog post with the one bread that you’d like to learn to bake (and I’m sure you will find it in Saee’s book!)
Terms & Conditions
- Giveaway is open for Indian residents only
- Your entry will be eligible only if you LIKE the Facebook page AND leave a comment on this blog post
- Giveaway is only open for two days – June 27th & 28th, 2016
- Winner will be selected at random on June 29th, and will be announced here on the blog and on the Facebook Page
- If you win, you’ll need to share your contact details so that I can send the book by courier
So get cracking. Participate now & spread the word. Good luck 🙂